1. WHO IS EMMBABY?
For purposes of this Policy, EMMBABY means EMMBABY Ltd.
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION? Personal Information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, e-mail and postal addresses, telephone numbers and financial information.
3. HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED? 1-It may be collected online when you voluntarily register with us or update your existing profile with us, receive catalogs, newsletters or emails, use communication services, answer surveys, enter contests or other promotional opportunities, and when you post on our message boards, chat rooms or make other submissions to our Site. We may also collect Personal Information from third parties to whom you have provided same. - 2 - If you choose to send an e-mail from our Site to a friend, we will also collect your friend's name and e-mail address. Your friend’s information is only used to send the forwarding e-mail and is not saved in our customer or marketing databases. Our Site is intended for use by adults. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
4. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION We use Personal Information in an effort to improve your shopping experience, to communicate with you about our products, promotions or contests, if any, to protect you and us from error and fraud, to process your requests or orders and to keep track of and analyze your purchases, transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, payment history, to assess your creditworthiness and to comply with legal requirements. We may also use this information to make offers to you, to help us target specific products to you, and to help us develop and improve our Site and tailor it to your interests. Finally, we may use the information to conduct surveys and analyses for research, statistical and product development purposes and achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted by law.
5. CONSENT We will collect, use or disclose your Personal Information only with your knowledge and consent, including as set out in the Policy, except where otherwise required or permitted by law. Consent may be oral or written, express or implied. Implied consent is obtained in a number of ways, including where a customer relationship already exists, express consent has previously been given, or the purpose of using the Personal Information is reasonably apparent to you. Emmbaby is part of a network of retailers offering a unique mix of products. We share your Personal Information within the Emmbaby family of companies so that we can notify you about products, services, rewards and special offers you might enjoy. These notifications may be given to you by postal mail, e-mail, telephone, text message, automatic dialing-announcing device or other form of telecommunication using the contact information that you provide to us. Occasionally, we may transfer your Personal Information outside the Emmbaby family of companies to trusted entities which may assist us in servicing you. When we do so, we require such entity to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws. Our disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy may involve the transfer of your personal information outside Canada. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Should you choose to check the option to keep details and activate “quick shopping”, you expressly authorize us to process and store the data indicated as necessary for activation and development of this functionality. The Card-Verification-Value-Code (CVV) will only be used to make able the purchase in progress, and will not be stored or processed subsequently as part of your cards data. Giving us your consent to activate this functionality, allows your data to - 3 - appear auto filled in subsequent purchases on this website, so you will not need to enter the data in each new process, and such consent shall be valid and effective for subsequent purchases. You can change your cards data and revoke your consent for processing and storing at any time. Your card data will be stored and transmitted according to the main standards of confidentiality and security of credit and debit cards. When using this functionality, changing your password may be requested for security reasons. Remember that the safety in use of the website also depends on proper use and conservation of certain key/passwords confidential. You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. We will inform you of the implications of doing so. To amend your consent, refer to the Contacting Us section below.
6. LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law. It will be retained only as long as necessary for those purposes or as required by law. Where we transfer your Personal Information outside Canada, we will ensure that it is held in a similar manner and under policies similar to this Policy. You agree that persons outside of Canada to whom Personal Information is transferred may be required to disclose your Personal Information under the laws of their jurisdiction.
7. ACCURACY We will keep your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary and reasonably possible for the purposes for which it is to be used. You may request access to any Personal Information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In circumstances where your Personal Information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus).
8. SAFEGUARDS AND ACCOUNTABILITY We will protect Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of the following measures: (i) physical security measures, such as restricted access facilities and appropriate disposal of Personal Information; and (ii) electronic security measures, such as password protection, for accessing computerized Personal Information. We are responsible for Personal Information under our control, including any Personal Information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. When we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf by performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you share or post on our message boards or by way of other submissions to the public spaces of our Site. These are public areas and may be consulted or viewed by anyone visiting these sections of our Site and, as such, fall outside this Policy.
10. CONTACTING US For anything to do with this Policy, including questions, comments or withdrawing of consent, please contact us as follows: - E-mail: contact . We will inform individuals who make inquiries or lodge complaints about our inquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices.
11. ASSIGNMENT You consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to a third party acquirer of Emmbaby's business.